New York News
Bone marrow drive held for sick 3 year old
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A special birthday celebration to help ensure a little boy has many more years to come.
The Bodies exhibit at South Street Seaport hosted a bone marrow drive for Mark Ezra Fineman's 3rd birthday on Sunday.
Fineman suffers from a rare immune deficiency that makes his body unable to properly fight off infections.
The only cure is a bone marrow or stem cell transplant.
Visitors to the exhibit could simply swab their cheeks to determine whether they're a match for Fineman.
People who participated in the drive were added to a registry to also see if they're a match for other patients around the world.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, lower manhattan, bone marrow, new york news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 50 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
50 min ago