New York News
NYC to vote on Coney Island boardwalk makeover
CONEY ISLAND (WABC) -- New York City could approve a controversial makeover for the Coney Island Boardwalk Monday.
The Public Design Commission is meeting to discuss plans to replace the boardwalk with recycled plastic and concrete molded to look like wooden planks.
The parks department says it will be cheaper and easier to maintain, but others say it will not look as good as traditional wood.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, coney island, new york news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 43 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 44 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel 10 min ago
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Family loses two in East Harlem explosion
5 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from...
10 min ago