New York News
NYC to vote on Coney Island boardwalk makeover
CONEY ISLAND (WABC) -- New York City could approve a controversial makeover for the Coney Island Boardwalk Monday.
The Public Design Commission is meeting to discuss plans to replace the boardwalk with recycled plastic and concrete molded to look like wooden planks.
The parks department says it will be cheaper and easier to maintain, but others say it will not look as good as traditional wood.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, coney island, new york news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 19 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 51 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 23 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift 12 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while...
31 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos