New York News
NYC to vote on Coney Island boardwalk makeover
CONEY ISLAND (WABC) -- New York City could approve a controversial makeover for the Coney Island Boardwalk Monday.
The Public Design Commission is meeting to discuss plans to replace the boardwalk with recycled plastic and concrete molded to look like wooden planks.
The parks department says it will be cheaper and easier to maintain, but others say it will not look as good as traditional wood.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, coney island, new york news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
53 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos