New York News
Report: NYC not keeping up with elevator inspections
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Published reports say New York City is not keeping up with elevator inspections.
Elevator safety has been an especially hot topic since advertising executive Suzanne hart was killed in a Midtown elevator last December.
The New York Post says the average number of monthly inspections has plummeted 28 percent since 2008.
All 60,000 elevators are supposed to be inspected at least once a year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, elevator accident, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos