New York News
Report: NYC not keeping up with elevator inspections
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Published reports say New York City is not keeping up with elevator inspections.
Elevator safety has been an especially hot topic since advertising executive Suzanne hart was killed in a Midtown elevator last December.
The New York Post says the average number of monthly inspections has plummeted 28 percent since 2008.
All 60,000 elevators are supposed to be inspected at least once a year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, elevator accident, new york news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River 25 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 23 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding 49 min ago
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 45 min ago
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid 40 min ago
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
40 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
23 min ago
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
49 min ago