New York News
3 more tied to madam case as arrests emerge
NEW YORK -- A matchmaking recruiter and a suburban mother aren't the only people arrested in the investigation into allegations of a multimillion-dollar New York City brothel.
Two accused prostitutes and a man accused of being a money launderer also have quietly been charged.
The arrests happened weeks and even more than a year ago. The New York Post first reported them Friday.
Mhairiangelo Bottone and Catherine DeVries have pleaded not guilty to prostitution.
An unidentified man has pleaded not guilty to money laundering and promoting prostitution. A court transcript indicates his case is tied to accused Manhattan madam Anna Gristina, who has pleaded not guilty.
Bottone's lawyer, Carlos Carvajal (kahr-vah-HAHL'), says the interior designer is "suffering collateral damage from the larger investigation."
DeVries' lawyer declined to comment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper east side, prostitution, new york news
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench 52 min ago
- One of US FBI's 10 most wanted nabbed in Mexico 41 min ago
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled 31 min ago
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food 20 min ago
- House passes far-reaching anti-abortion bill 35 min ago
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake 46 min ago
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Box cutter found on Tokyo flight to NYC
- Photos: FDNY works to rescue man trapped in trench
- Photos: Most Wanted: Nassau County
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens...
52 min ago