New York News
Dean attacked by student in Brooklyn
EAST NEW YORK (WABC) -- A student attacked and injured the dean of a Brooklyn school on Wednesday morning, police said.
The 17 year old boy allegedly punched and pushed Dean Edmund Ludde at the W. H. Maxwell Career and Technical Education High School.
Officials said the two were meeting at the school over a previous incident when the student pushed the dean, who raised his arms to protect himself. The student then allegedly punched him in the mouth.
The dean was taken to Brookdale Hospital to be checked out.
Police arrested the student, who was not identified because he is a minor.
Administrative action is pending.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, crime, student arrest, new york news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks 37 min ago
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane 33 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 5 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos