New York News
Dining out for charity
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The next time you eat out you could be giving back as well thanks to what's called Good Dining.
Go onto the Good Dining website to register your credit cards and pick your favorite charity. Restaurants throughout the area will then give back as much as 6 percent of your check to that charity.
Gusto Organics is participating and the owner loves the concept. It's also a great idea for the charities like the Teak Fellowship, which helps low income New York City students. Teak is funded by donations and grants and every little bit counts according to the deputy director.
So if the teak fellowship is your cause, you could help one of the 150 students currently enrolled in the program just by dining out or pick another cause close to your heart. There are 105,000 charities from which to choose.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, charity, good dining, dining, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 4 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway 42 min ago
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
4 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos