New York News
Dining out for charity
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The next time you eat out you could be giving back as well thanks to what's called Good Dining.
Go onto the Good Dining website to register your credit cards and pick your favorite charity. Restaurants throughout the area will then give back as much as 6 percent of your check to that charity.
Gusto Organics is participating and the owner loves the concept. It's also a great idea for the charities like the Teak Fellowship, which helps low income New York City students. Teak is funded by donations and grants and every little bit counts according to the deputy director.
So if the teak fellowship is your cause, you could help one of the 150 students currently enrolled in the program just by dining out or pick another cause close to your heart. There are 105,000 charities from which to choose.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, charity, good dining, dining, new york news, lauren glassberg
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 10 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 55 min ago
- Man found alive in body bag dies weeks later 41 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead
40 min ago