New York News
Baby giraffe born at Bronx Zoo
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Bronx Zoo has released pictures of a new female giraffe calf born this month.
The zoo says the calf stays close to her mother in the Carter Giraffe Building and will be making her debut in about a week.
The baby giraffe was 6 feet tall and over 100 pounds at birth.
Giraffes are native to grasslands, savannas, and open woodlands in central, east, and southern Africa. The Baringo, or Rothschild's, giraffe is found in western Kenya and eastern Uganda.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- 2 elderly residents hurt in Queens home invasion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 25 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
59 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos