New York News
Building fire forces evacuations in Morningside Heights
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- A three-alarm fire in upper Manhattan burned through a large building early Sunday.
The fire started around 2:30 in a vacant seven story building on Morningside Avenue at West 122nd Street in Morningside Heights.
The fire appears to have started in the basement and then spread to the roof, officials said.
Residents in the building next door to the fire were evacuated.
More than 130 firefighters responded to the blaze.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, morningside heights, fire, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon 58 min ago
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos