New York News
Building fire forces evacuations in Morningside Heights
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- A three-alarm fire in upper Manhattan burned through a large building early Sunday.
The fire started around 2:30 in a vacant seven story building on Morningside Avenue at West 122nd Street in Morningside Heights.
The fire appears to have started in the basement and then spread to the roof, officials said.
Residents in the building next door to the fire were evacuated.
More than 130 firefighters responded to the blaze.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, morningside heights, fire, new york news
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 28 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest