New York News
Man struck and killed by two hit-and-run drivers
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 25-year-old man was struck and killed by two hit and run drivers as he rode his skateboard in Brooklyn.
Josh Thorne was rushed to the hospital after he was left to die in the street.
His mother, Carol Thorne, met with Eyewitness News outside Kings County Hospital Wednesday night.
"I just finished viewing my only son in the morgue," she said.
Now, her son is gone.
Carol Thorne is devastated and looking for justice for her son, who was hit and killed as he crossed Eastern Parkway at Rochester Avenue at about 2:30 Wednesday morning.
"You are a murderer," she said.
Police say Josh Thorne was hit by one car that didn't stop, and then another vehicle that also fled the scene.
Josh was looking forward to a new job, and according to his sister, loving life.
"He was a free spirit, that was my brother," Ikesha Thorne said. "You both are murderers, and I hope they catch you. Even if it's an accident, come forward and say it's an accident."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, hit and run accident, crown heights, new york news, jeff pegues
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute 37 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014