New York News
Man struck and killed by two hit-and-run drivers
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 25-year-old man was struck and killed by two hit and run drivers as he rode his skateboard in Brooklyn.
Josh Thorne was rushed to the hospital after he was left to die in the street.
His mother, Carol Thorne, met with Eyewitness News outside Kings County Hospital Wednesday night.
"I just finished viewing my only son in the morgue," she said.
Now, her son is gone.
Carol Thorne is devastated and looking for justice for her son, who was hit and killed as he crossed Eastern Parkway at Rochester Avenue at about 2:30 Wednesday morning.
"You are a murderer," she said.
Police say Josh Thorne was hit by one car that didn't stop, and then another vehicle that also fled the scene.
Josh was looking forward to a new job, and according to his sister, loving life.
"He was a free spirit, that was my brother," Ikesha Thorne said. "You both are murderers, and I hope they catch you. Even if it's an accident, come forward and say it's an accident."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, hit and run accident, crown heights, new york news, jeff pegues
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 30 min ago
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village