New York News
Man struck and killed by two hit-and-run drivers
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 25-year-old man was struck and killed by two hit and run drivers as he rode his skateboard in Brooklyn.
Josh Thorne was rushed to the hospital after he was left to die in the street.
His mother, Carol Thorne, met with Eyewitness News outside Kings County Hospital Wednesday night.
"I just finished viewing my only son in the morgue," she said.
Now, her son is gone.
Carol Thorne is devastated and looking for justice for her son, who was hit and killed as he crossed Eastern Parkway at Rochester Avenue at about 2:30 Wednesday morning.
"You are a murderer," she said.
Police say Josh Thorne was hit by one car that didn't stop, and then another vehicle that also fled the scene.
Josh was looking forward to a new job, and according to his sister, loving life.
"He was a free spirit, that was my brother," Ikesha Thorne said. "You both are murderers, and I hope they catch you. Even if it's an accident, come forward and say it's an accident."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, hit and run accident, crown heights, new york news, jeff pegues
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees