New York News
Man struck and killed by two hit-and-run drivers
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 25-year-old man was struck and killed by two hit and run drivers as he rode his skateboard in Brooklyn.
Josh Thorne was rushed to the hospital after he was left to die in the street.
His mother, Carol Thorne, met with Eyewitness News outside Kings County Hospital Wednesday night.
"I just finished viewing my only son in the morgue," she said.
Now, her son is gone.
Carol Thorne is devastated and looking for justice for her son, who was hit and killed as he crossed Eastern Parkway at Rochester Avenue at about 2:30 Wednesday morning.
"You are a murderer," she said.
Police say Josh Thorne was hit by one car that didn't stop, and then another vehicle that also fled the scene.
Josh was looking forward to a new job, and according to his sister, loving life.
"He was a free spirit, that was my brother," Ikesha Thorne said. "You both are murderers, and I hope they catch you. Even if it's an accident, come forward and say it's an accident."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, hit and run accident, crown heights, new york news, jeff pegues
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 28 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act