New York News
Elevator mechanic electrocuted in Midtown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An elevator mechanic died while on the job in a workplace tragedy in Midtown Manhattan Wednesday.
Authorities say 44-year-old Ed Bradley was electrocuted at at the Axa Equitable building on Sixth Avenue and 51st Street around 9:30 p.m.
He apparently touched exposed wires on the ninth floor.
Emergency responders found the repairman unconscious and in cardiac arrest.
Bradley died less than 30 minutes later.
Investigators say Bradley worked regularly in the building.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, elevator accident, new york news
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Tarrytown remembers Hofstra shooting victim
- abcnews: Sole survivor of plane crash breaks silence
- Photos: Scandal Season 2 Finale
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos