New York News
Police make arrest in string of bank robberies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Queens arrested a man wanted for a string of bank robberies.
Detectives say 43-year-old Sidney Williams robbed at least five banks over the past two months.
In each robbery, Williams allegedly gave the bank teller a demand note, then walked out with the cash.
Williams lives in Brooklyn. He is facing five counts of robbery.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, bank robbery, new york news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest 41 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 48 min ago
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party 43 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid...
41 min ago
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
48 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos