New York News
Queens restaurant workers win second prize
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Some Queens restaurant workers are enjoying their share of lottery luck, after buying a second-prize ticket in the MegaMillions drawing.
After the anticipation, the historic jackpot and the ticket buying frenzy, both the winners and the store workers who sold winning tickets are absorbing the news.
At Fuji restaurant on Queens Boulevard, workers reported for their evening shifts, and 12 had huge smiles on their faces
The 12 workers chipped in for MegaMillions tickets and will share the $250,000 payout.
They bought their tickets directly next store to the restaurant at a convenience store: 113 News.
The managers at 113 feel thrilled to share in the excitement.
"I'm lucky, my store is lucky, and the customer is lucky too," said Shahabuddin Sikder, the store manager.
"I feel lucky, I'm blessed from God," said the store's owner, Vishan Pate. "I'm an honest person, I'm working here, and I"m very honest with my customers. My customers are very nice".
113 News sold another winning lotto ticket earlier in the week. Some very big winners-- all in one big week!
"We work hard. The customers picked a good number, they're lucky too. They win, and I'm so happy," said Sikder.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, mega millions, new york news, jamie roth
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk 22 min ago
- Demolition to begin at Edison school gutted by fire 12 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure 36 min ago
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet 58 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos