New York News
Queens restaurant workers win second prize
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Some Queens restaurant workers are enjoying their share of lottery luck, after buying a second-prize ticket in the MegaMillions drawing.
After the anticipation, the historic jackpot and the ticket buying frenzy, both the winners and the store workers who sold winning tickets are absorbing the news.
At Fuji restaurant on Queens Boulevard, workers reported for their evening shifts, and 12 had huge smiles on their faces
The 12 workers chipped in for MegaMillions tickets and will share the $250,000 payout.
They bought their tickets directly next store to the restaurant at a convenience store: 113 News.
The managers at 113 feel thrilled to share in the excitement.
"I'm lucky, my store is lucky, and the customer is lucky too," said Shahabuddin Sikder, the store manager.
"I feel lucky, I'm blessed from God," said the store's owner, Vishan Pate. "I'm an honest person, I'm working here, and I"m very honest with my customers. My customers are very nice".
113 News sold another winning lotto ticket earlier in the week. Some very big winners-- all in one big week!
"We work hard. The customers picked a good number, they're lucky too. They win, and I'm so happy," said Sikder.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, mega millions, new york news, jamie roth
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding 14 min ago
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area 1 min ago
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video 15 min ago
- Boy Scouts to accept openly gay boys as Scouts 31 min ago
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 34 min ago
- The New DNA fingerprint: Cell phones
- Photographer chronicles wife's breast cancer battle
- abcnews: Oklahoma tornado: Before and after photos
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
34 min ago