New York News
Queens restaurant workers win second prize
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Some Queens restaurant workers are enjoying their share of lottery luck, after buying a second-prize ticket in the MegaMillions drawing.
After the anticipation, the historic jackpot and the ticket buying frenzy, both the winners and the store workers who sold winning tickets are absorbing the news.
At Fuji restaurant on Queens Boulevard, workers reported for their evening shifts, and 12 had huge smiles on their faces
The 12 workers chipped in for MegaMillions tickets and will share the $250,000 payout.
They bought their tickets directly next store to the restaurant at a convenience store: 113 News.
The managers at 113 feel thrilled to share in the excitement.
"I'm lucky, my store is lucky, and the customer is lucky too," said Shahabuddin Sikder, the store manager.
"I feel lucky, I'm blessed from God," said the store's owner, Vishan Pate. "I'm an honest person, I'm working here, and I"m very honest with my customers. My customers are very nice".
113 News sold another winning lotto ticket earlier in the week. Some very big winners-- all in one big week!
"We work hard. The customers picked a good number, they're lucky too. They win, and I'm so happy," said Sikder.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, mega millions, new york news, jamie roth
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities 9 min ago
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt 54 min ago
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams