New York News
11-month-old boy drowns in Brooklyn bathtub
NEW YORK (WABC) -- For the second time in four days, the NYPD is investigating the death of a young child in a home bathtub.
This time, an 11-month-old boy was left unattended in the tub of a home in Brooklyn.
The boy, identified as Elijah Pardella, was in the tub with his 3-year-old sister at the time, and his death, according to neighbors, was the result of a terrible accident.
The family lives in a first-floor apartment on Pennsylvania Avenue around 2:40 p.m. Sunday. Authorities say the mother, 24-year-old Angie Huertas, left the children alone in the bathtub with the drain unplugged, but the water still running.
Authorities say Pardella sat on the drain, allowing the tub to fill. When Huertas returned, she found the boy unconscious. He was rushed to Brookdale Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The girl was unhurt.
Huertas was questioned by police, but no charges have been filed.
Last Thursday evening, a 5-year-old drowned in a bathtub in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, child death, drowning, new york news
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 15 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son