New York News
MTA unveils brand new Court Square station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It has taken months of service interruptions, but the No. 7 line in Queens will be rolling into a brand new station at Court Square.
There are new stairs, a new station-agent booth and a new corrosion-resistant platform made of fiberglass instead of concrete.
The upgrades come at a time when the population around the station is increasing.
The platform, in Long Island City, was closed on January 21 for the improvements.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, long island city, mta, subway, new york news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
1 min ago