New York News
Charged dropped against mom in bathtub drowning
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The mother of a Brooklyn boy who drowned in a bathtub was arrested and charged in his death, but then the district attorney decided not to prosecute her.
Angelica Huertas, 24, had been facing endangering the welfare of a child charges after she allegedly left her 11-month-old son in the bathtub, unsupervised, with his 3-year-old sister.
When she returned, Elijah Pardella was submerged and unconscious.
He was rushed to Brookdale Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Prosecutors on Tuesday decided the facts of the case did not rise to endangering the welfare of a child.
Huertas was released from custody Tuesday afternoon.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, child death, drowning, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China 50 min ago
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
24 min ago