New York News
Feds bust Bronx-based prescription drug ring
NEW YORK -- Federal authorities have arrested six people in connection with a Bronx-based illegal prescription drug ring.
The U.S. Attorney's Office says the suspects were arrested on charges of conspiring to distribute oxycodone and alprazolam, commonly known as Xanax. Prosecutors say the defendants participated in a ring that distributed the drugs to buyers across the U.S.
Federal agents raided four locations in the Bronx Wednesday morning and recovered over 122,000 pills, including Percocet, Ecstasy and Viagra.
A raid at the apartment of one of defendants, in which she operated a daycare center, netted several thousand pills. Packaging materials, shipping labels and envelopes were also recovered in the raids.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, new york news
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Belmar reopens boardwalk destroyed by Sandy 31 min ago
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma