New York News
Suspected brick bandit injured during attempted theft
CARNARSIE (WABC) -- Authorities say a man was injured while attempting to steal bricks from an apartment complex in Brooklyn this morning.
The 27-year-old man was interrupted while stealing the bricks from a construction site at the Bay View Houses in the Canarsie section of just before 5:00 a.m.
When police arrived on the scene, the suspect ran. Police followed him in a marked patrol car and struck him with the vehicle, officials said.
The man was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where he was listed in critical but stable condition.
The Bay View Houses, run by the city Housing Authority, is made up of 23 eight-story buildings and houses an estimated 3,487 residents.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, canarsie, crime, theft, new york news
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'