New York News
Suspected brick bandit injured during attempted theft
CARNARSIE (WABC) -- Authorities say a man was injured while attempting to steal bricks from an apartment complex in Brooklyn this morning.
The 27-year-old man was interrupted while stealing the bricks from a construction site at the Bay View Houses in the Canarsie section of just before 5:00 a.m.
When police arrived on the scene, the suspect ran. Police followed him in a marked patrol car and struck him with the vehicle, officials said.
The man was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where he was listed in critical but stable condition.
The Bay View Houses, run by the city Housing Authority, is made up of 23 eight-story buildings and houses an estimated 3,487 residents.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, canarsie, crime, theft, new york news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 50 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 8 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday