New York News
Suspected brick bandit injured during attempted theft
CARNARSIE (WABC) -- Authorities say a man was injured while attempting to steal bricks from an apartment complex in Brooklyn this morning.
The 27-year-old man was interrupted while stealing the bricks from a construction site at the Bay View Houses in the Canarsie section of just before 5:00 a.m.
When police arrived on the scene, the suspect ran. Police followed him in a marked patrol car and struck him with the vehicle, officials said.
The man was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where he was listed in critical but stable condition.
The Bay View Houses, run by the city Housing Authority, is made up of 23 eight-story buildings and houses an estimated 3,487 residents.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, canarsie, crime, theft, new york news
- South Plainfield High School lockdown lifted 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 3 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 43 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 30 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 40 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3...
30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
34 min ago