New York News
Suspected brick bandit injured during attempted theft
CARNARSIE (WABC) -- Authorities say a man was injured while attempting to steal bricks from an apartment complex in Brooklyn this morning.
The 27-year-old man was interrupted while stealing the bricks from a construction site at the Bay View Houses in the Canarsie section of just before 5:00 a.m.
When police arrived on the scene, the suspect ran. Police followed him in a marked patrol car and struck him with the vehicle, officials said.
The man was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where he was listed in critical but stable condition.
The Bay View Houses, run by the city Housing Authority, is made up of 23 eight-story buildings and houses an estimated 3,487 residents.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, canarsie, crime, theft, new york news
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn. 3 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Tree trouble in Dumont
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos