New York News
Brooklyn wall collapse seriously injures two children
BUSHWICK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A large wall collapsed in Brooklyn injuring two boys.
It happened around 7:45 p.m. on Friday on Willoughby Avenue in the Bushwick section.
The wall was about five feet high and 25 feet across and fell on top of 11-year-old William Arroyo and 10-year-old Nathiaz Figueroa.
They boys apparently went by the wall to get a ball.
The children were rushed to the hospital with serious head injuries. Arroyo is said to be in critical condition.
The father of one of the boys says that construction work is being done next to the wall and that may have compromised the structure.
The wall separates the home from a vacant lot adjacent to the property.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bushwick, brooklyn, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos