New York News
Brooklyn wall collapse seriously injures two children
BUSHWICK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A large wall collapsed in Brooklyn injuring two boys.
It happened around 7:45 p.m. on Friday on Willoughby Avenue in the Bushwick section.
The wall was about five feet high and 25 feet across and fell on top of 11-year-old William Arroyo and 10-year-old Nathiaz Figueroa.
They boys apparently went by the wall to get a ball.
The children were rushed to the hospital with serious head injuries. Arroyo is said to be in critical condition.
The father of one of the boys says that construction work is being done next to the wall and that may have compromised the structure.
The wall separates the home from a vacant lot adjacent to the property.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bushwick, brooklyn, new york news
- 2 men arrested in after incident with Pakistan plane 23 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident 38 min ago
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 21 min ago
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos