New York News
Brooklyn wall collapse seriously injures two children
BUSHWICK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A large wall collapsed in Brooklyn injuring two boys.
It happened around 7:45 p.m. on Friday on Willoughby Avenue in the Bushwick section.
The wall was about five feet high and 25 feet across and fell on top of 11-year-old William Arroyo and 10-year-old Nathiaz Figueroa.
They boys apparently went by the wall to get a ball.
The children were rushed to the hospital with serious head injuries. Arroyo is said to be in critical condition.
The father of one of the boys says that construction work is being done next to the wall and that may have compromised the structure.
The wall separates the home from a vacant lot adjacent to the property.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bushwick, brooklyn, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 53 min ago
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 40 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify 24 min ago
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 12 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 12 min ago