New York News
Search for suspect in livery cab robbery
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are searching for a suspect who robbed a livery cab driver.
It happened on Saturday, April 7 at 4:15 a.m.
The 63-year-old livery cab driver picked up the suspect at Wilhmor Street and Rockaway Parkway in Brownsville.
The suspect requested to go to Church Avenue and Utica Avenue but, while en route to that location, the suspect demanded money from the victim.
When they got to Linden Boulevard and Utica Avenue in East Flatbush, the suspect began to assault the victim.
The victim stopped the vehicle and the suspect threw him out of the vehicle.
The suspect then drove off with the vehicle until he reached Linden Boulevard an East 43 Street where he crashed into unoccupied parked car.
The suspect then fled the scene.
The victim was not seriously hurt.
The suspect is described as black man between the ages of 30-35, 6' tall, and weighing 200 pounds. He has a light complexion and a bald head and beard.
Anyone with information in regards to this robbery is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, east flatbush, robbery, livery cab, new york news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island 12 min ago
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 2 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says 19 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos