New York News
Search for suspect in livery cab robbery
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are searching for a suspect who robbed a livery cab driver.
It happened on Saturday, April 7 at 4:15 a.m.
The 63-year-old livery cab driver picked up the suspect at Wilhmor Street and Rockaway Parkway in Brownsville.
The suspect requested to go to Church Avenue and Utica Avenue but, while en route to that location, the suspect demanded money from the victim.
When they got to Linden Boulevard and Utica Avenue in East Flatbush, the suspect began to assault the victim.
The victim stopped the vehicle and the suspect threw him out of the vehicle.
The suspect then drove off with the vehicle until he reached Linden Boulevard an East 43 Street where he crashed into unoccupied parked car.
The suspect then fled the scene.
The victim was not seriously hurt.
The suspect is described as black man between the ages of 30-35, 6' tall, and weighing 200 pounds. He has a light complexion and a bald head and beard.
Anyone with information in regards to this robbery is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, east flatbush, robbery, livery cab, new york news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 9 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 9 min ago
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later 7 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest 57 min ago
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
29 min ago