New York News
Girl, 5, accidentally stabs self
BRONXDALE (WABC) -- A little girl in the Bronx is in critical condition after accidentally stabbing herself with a knife.
Police say the five year old girl was running with the knife just after 10:00 p.m. on Friday inside her family's apartment when she bumped into a wall. She suffered a stab wound to her chest.
The accident happened at an apartment building on Holland Avenue in the Bronxdale section
The little girl is being treated at Jacobi Hospital, where police say she remained in critical condition.
No criminal charges are expected in the case.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, bronxdale, accident, child injured, new york news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub 10 min ago
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon 7 min ago
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014