New York News
City Council to review elevator safety bills
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City Council's Housing and Buildings Committee will review two bills on elevator safety at a hearing on Monday.
The move towards legislation comes after three separate accidents, including a December incident that killed an advertising executive.
One bill would require repair technicians to be licensed. The other bill would require devices to stop elevators if they speed up suddenly.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york city council, elevator accident, elevator safety, new york news
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 57 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash 8 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt 44 min ago
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 54 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera 27 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat 11 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn;...
44 min ago