New York News
Taxi slams into hotel after hit by tractor-trailer
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A taxi driver was seriously injured after he collided with a tractor-trailer that sent his cab careening into a Midtown Manhattan hotel early Tuesday.
The incident happened at Lexington Avenue and 48th Street.
The cab hopped the curb after smashed into the Radisson Hotel. A street light and a pole were also knocked over.
Witnesses say the tractor-trailer driver may have been speeding and possibly ran a red light.
The driver had to be cut from the cab and is listed in very serious condition. The driver of the tractor-trailer, who was bringing linens to a Marriott hotel, was not seriously hurt.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation. So far, no charges have been filed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, midtown, taxi, accident, new york news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 45 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 46 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel 12 min ago
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Family loses two in East Harlem explosion
7 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from...
12 min ago