New York News
7 top accessories for men this season
NEW YORK (WABC) -- When you think of spring fashions, don't just assume it's all about what women are wearing. Men too want to be stylish.
That style is coming by way of accessories.
According to the NPD Research Group, sales in that category, men's accessories, were up 14% in the second half of last year, and the trend seems to be continuing.
Caroline Maguire's the fashion director of Bloomingdales.com and she's says men are caring more about how they look.
Here are the 7 items they're buying.
The first item is scarves.
Also and easy item to add is a woven belt. You should opt for one with color.
Speaking of color even the most conservative man can pull off a pair of fun socks.
From the feet to the head, how about a straw fedora.
A not so classic item is bracelets, woven with leather or beads.
At Bloomingdale's they're calling it arm candy.
Our 6th accessory encourages a man to love his lapel with a flower.
And finally, something most men will be very happy to buy, a pair of sunglasses.
This season many are opting for some black plastic frames.
All the accessories featured are at Bloomingdale's in SoHo.
If the man in your life isn't buying these items, they do make for great gifts.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, fashion, new york news, lauren glassberg
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 21 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident