New York News
Pedestrian fatally struck on Bruckner Expressway
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was fatally struck by a car while crossing the Bruckner Expressway in the Bronx Wednesday morning.
The 36-year-old victim was hit while crossing the eastbound lanes just before 5:30 a.m.
The man's body crashed into the front windshield of the 1998 gray Toyota Camry.
The driver pulled over. She was taken to Jacobi Medical Center for treatment of shoulder and neck pain.
It was not immediately known why the victim was attempting to cross the busy highway.
Only one eastbound lane was open for the morning commute, creating a large backup near White Plains Road.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto 4 min ago
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide