New York News
Pedestrian fatally struck on Bruckner Expressway
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was fatally struck by a car while crossing the Bruckner Expressway in the Bronx Wednesday morning.
The 36-year-old victim was hit while crossing the eastbound lanes just before 5:30 a.m.
The man's body crashed into the front windshield of the 1998 gray Toyota Camry.
The driver pulled over. She was taken to Jacobi Medical Center for treatment of shoulder and neck pain.
It was not immediately known why the victim was attempting to cross the busy highway.
Only one eastbound lane was open for the morning commute, creating a large backup near White Plains Road.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos