New York News
Alleged mobster charged in Little Italy extortion
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The San Gennaro festival may be known for the food, but prosecutors say it's also been getting a taste of corruption.
An alleged mobster has been indicted on charges of shaking down vendors at the Little Italy fair in 2008.
The suspect, Conrad Ianniello, is described as a captain in the Genovese crime family.
He is one of 11 men named Wednesday on federal charges that also include bookmaking and extortion.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, mob, arrest, new york news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos