New York News
Man fatally shot during Bronx iPhone robbery
BRONX (WABC) -- A 26-year-old man was fatally shot during an apparent robbery as he walked home through his residential Bronx neighborhood early Thursday.
Police say Hwang Yang was mugged at gunpoint as he walked on West 232nd Street around 12:30 a.m.
During the robbery, Yang was shot once in the torso.
The gunman apparently went through Yang's pockets, found his iPhone and fled, leaving him for dead.
Yang was pronounced dead at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia.
No arrests were immediately made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, iphone, robbery, shooting, new york news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall