New York News
Water main break on the Upper West Side
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- A water main break caused some problems on the Upper West Side on Thursday afternoon.
A private contractor working at 2192 Broadway struck a 6 inch water main causing the break.
The accident happened around noon. DEP has crews on the scene. Construction site was evacuated.
Subway lines have not been impacted, but northbound on Broadway between 77th Street and West 78th Street is closed.
The water has since been turned off. Kemberly Richardson reports that some businesses and a residential building have been left without water.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, water main break, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 36 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
45 min ago