New York News
Water main break on the Upper West Side
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- A water main break caused some problems on the Upper West Side on Thursday afternoon.
A private contractor working at 2192 Broadway struck a 6 inch water main causing the break.
The accident happened around noon. DEP has crews on the scene. Construction site was evacuated.
Subway lines have not been impacted, but northbound on Broadway between 77th Street and West 78th Street is closed.
The water has since been turned off. Kemberly Richardson reports that some businesses and a residential building have been left without water.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, water main break, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park