New York News
Water main break on the Upper West Side
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- A water main break caused some problems on the Upper West Side on Thursday afternoon.
A private contractor working at 2192 Broadway struck a 6 inch water main causing the break.
The accident happened around noon. DEP has crews on the scene. Construction site was evacuated.
Subway lines have not been impacted, but northbound on Broadway between 77th Street and West 78th Street is closed.
The water has since been turned off. Kemberly Richardson reports that some businesses and a residential building have been left without water.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, water main break, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Jersey City water main break repaired 8 min ago
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 9 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 53 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 1 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together 13 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
28 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos