New York News
Drivers with unpaid tickets facing 'SmartBoots'
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Starting next week, New York City drivers with unpaid parking tickets could find a boot on their car.
The new SmartBoots will be placed on cars that have racked up $350 or more in unpaid fines.
The New York Daily News is reporting that drivers will have to pay the tickets, plus an additional fee of nearly $300 to get the boot removed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Jersey City reveals what was inside mysterious safes
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos