New York News
Police shoot man in Queens Village
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police shot and wounded a man in Queens Village Friday night.
It happened at around 8:45 p.m. at 95-20 222nd Street.
Police say 30-year-old Tasheen Walker was armed when they spotted him.
They say he ran and then pointed a gun at police.
He was shot in the torso and was taken to North Shore Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Three detectives were taken to the hospital for trauma and minor injuries.
Police recoverered a weapon at the scene.
Walker was wanted for a shooting earlier this month.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens village, queens, police shooting, new york news
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service 59 min ago
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term 57 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013