New York News
Police shoot man in Queens Village
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police shot and wounded a man in Queens Village Friday night.
It happened at around 8:45 p.m. at 95-20 222nd Street.
Police say 30-year-old Tasheen Walker was armed when they spotted him.
They say he ran and then pointed a gun at police.
He was shot in the torso and was taken to North Shore Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Three detectives were taken to the hospital for trauma and minor injuries.
Police recoverered a weapon at the scene.
Walker was wanted for a shooting earlier this month.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens village, queens, police shooting, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 52 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident