New York News
Weather delays Enterprise's Intrepid arrival
NEW YORK -- The space shuttle Enterprise's scheduled arrival in New York City was pushed back because of bad weather.
NASA says Monday's planned arrival of the shuttle has been postponed "until further notice."
The Enterprise is being brought to the city where it has a new permanent home waiting at the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum.
NASA managers are monitoring weather forecasts and will reschedule the shuttle's flight as soon as possible.
The plan is to fly the shuttle atop a carrier aircraft to New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport. It will be moved by barge to the Intrepid museum for public display.
The museum is at a decommissioned aircraft carrier moored off Manhattan. It's been making room for the shuttle on its flight deck.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest 8 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to...
8 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos