New York News
Weather delays Enterprise's Intrepid arrival
NEW YORK -- The space shuttle Enterprise's scheduled arrival in New York City was pushed back because of bad weather.
NASA says Monday's planned arrival of the shuttle has been postponed "until further notice."
The Enterprise is being brought to the city where it has a new permanent home waiting at the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum.
NASA managers are monitoring weather forecasts and will reschedule the shuttle's flight as soon as possible.
The plan is to fly the shuttle atop a carrier aircraft to New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport. It will be moved by barge to the Intrepid museum for public display.
The museum is at a decommissioned aircraft carrier moored off Manhattan. It's been making room for the shuttle on its flight deck.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Tornado Warning: Dutchess County 11 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City 18 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday 35 min ago
- Super Bowl 50 goes to San Francisco
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
17 min ago
- Crews race to find survivors after Oklahoma...
29 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos