New York News
Young girl hit by stray bullet in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A young girl is in the hospital, lucky to be alive after she was hit by a stray bullet overnight in Brooklyn.
The 9-year-old was hit in the ankle while walking with her father in the East New York section.
They were near the intersection of Pitkin Avenue and Jerome Street around 10 p.m. Thursday when the shots rang out.
There was a dispute in the area at the time.
The girl is expected to make a full recovery.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, east new york, brooklyn, shooting, child shot, new york news
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident 7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- 2 men arrested in after incident with Pakistan plane 47 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 45 min ago
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos