New York News
New York City looking at lower rent hikes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The annual rent increase for rent-stabilized apartments could be lower this year.
The Rent Guidelines Board usually bases its decisions on landlords' operating costs.
Those rose just under 3 percent over the last year.
If the board follows form, this year's increases could be lower.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday 36 min ago
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- Man fatally shot in head in West Village
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery
- Video: Aimee Copeland gets prosthetic hands
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos