New York News
2 arrested in Bronx murder of chef during robbery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two Bronx men were arrested for the fatal shooting of a restaurant chef on way home from work in a robbery-gone-bad for his iPhone.
Police say 21-year-old Alejandro Campos and 20-year-old Dominick Davis were arrested Thursday night.
Hwang Yang, 26, was murdered in Riverdale as he walked home from work early Thursday morning.
Authorities say the two men confessed to driving around, searching for victims who they believed had iPhones. After they stole the iPhone, they planned to put it on craigslist and sell it.
Detectives say Davis confessed to the killing, while Campos drove the getaway car. Davis claimed that he fired the gun accidentally during the incident.
They believe the two regularly canvassed neighborhood searching for potential iPhone victims.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, riverdale, bronx, mugging, robbery, murder, shooting, new york news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island 19 min ago
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 9 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says 26 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos