New York News
2 arrested in Bronx murder of chef during robbery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two Bronx men were arrested for the fatal shooting of a restaurant chef on way home from work in a robbery-gone-bad for his iPhone.
Police say 21-year-old Alejandro Campos and 20-year-old Dominick Davis were arrested Thursday night.
Hwang Yang, 26, was murdered in Riverdale as he walked home from work early Thursday morning.
Authorities say the two men confessed to driving around, searching for victims who they believed had iPhones. After they stole the iPhone, they planned to put it on craigslist and sell it.
Detectives say Davis confessed to the killing, while Campos drove the getaway car. Davis claimed that he fired the gun accidentally during the incident.
They believe the two regularly canvassed neighborhood searching for potential iPhone victims.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, riverdale, bronx, mugging, robbery, murder, shooting, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park