New York News
Couple arrested in subway phone theft stabbing
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Prosecutors say a husband and wife have confessed to a subway stabbing in the Bronx over a stolen cell phone.
Authorities say 22-year-old Victor Montalvo and 21-year-old Maritza Lopez have been arraigned on charges including attempted murder.
They allegedly stole 19-year-old Alexander Herald's cell phone on a No. 4 train, then waved it at him at the Fordham Road station to taunt him.
When he tried to get it back, prosecutors say Montalvo repeatedly stabbed him.
Herald remains in critical condition.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, subway crime, subway, stabbing, new york news
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 34 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- One of US FBI's 10 most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth 3 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- JFK terminal among endangered historic sites
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Bear the police dog 5 min ago