New York News
View production assistant shot in Brooklyn
BUSHWICK (WABC) -- A production assistant for The View is recovering from a shooting in Brooklyn over the weekend.
Lourdes Guillen, 25, tried to intervene when a gunman shot and wounded her cousin shot outside a deli on Humboldt Street in the Bushwick section early Sunday morning. Juan Medina, 24, was shot twice.
When Guillen tried to get the gunman to stop shooting, he shot her in the stomach.
According to investigators, the gunman was apparently upset because the line outside the deli was not moving fast enough. Surveillance cameras captured images of him.
Guillen is recovering at Bellevue Hospital. Her cousin is also recovering in the hospital. Both are listed in stable condition.
The ladies of The View on Monday praised their co-worker's bravery.
"She also held her cousin's hand and put pressure on his wounds," said Elisabeth Hasselbeck. "I truly believe she saved both of their lives. She's a true hero."
"I spoke with her just a little while ago from the hospital this morning. She said she's doing well. That she's in pain. She said that the bullet is lodged between her liver and kidney," Barbara Walters said.
The gunman remains at large.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, bushwick, crime, shooting, new york news
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 35 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 36 min ago
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos