New York News
View production assistant shot in Brooklyn
BUSHWICK (WABC) -- A production assistant for The View is recovering from a shooting in Brooklyn over the weekend.
Lourdes Guillen, 25, tried to intervene when a gunman shot and wounded her cousin shot outside a deli on Humboldt Street in the Bushwick section early Sunday morning. Juan Medina, 24, was shot twice.
When Guillen tried to get the gunman to stop shooting, he shot her in the stomach.
According to investigators, the gunman was apparently upset because the line outside the deli was not moving fast enough. Surveillance cameras captured images of him.
Guillen is recovering at Bellevue Hospital. Her cousin is also recovering in the hospital. Both are listed in stable condition.
The ladies of The View on Monday praised their co-worker's bravery.
"She also held her cousin's hand and put pressure on his wounds," said Elisabeth Hasselbeck. "I truly believe she saved both of their lives. She's a true hero."
"I spoke with her just a little while ago from the hospital this morning. She said she's doing well. That she's in pain. She said that the bullet is lodged between her liver and kidney," Barbara Walters said.
The gunman remains at large.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, bushwick, crime, shooting, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 29 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
31 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos