New York News
6-month old infant found dead in Staten Island home
NEW YORK -- The NYPD is investigating the death of a 6-month-old baby.
Police say they went to a Staten Island home on Steuben Street Monday night after receiving a 911 call.
They found an unconscious 6-month-old girl. EMS transported the child to Staten Island University North Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The medical examiner will determine the cause of death.
Police identified the child as Genesis Monge.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, child death, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa 57 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos