New York News
Suspect sought in subway sex assault
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- Police are looking for a man accused of sexually assaulting a woman on the subway.
The incident happened on Wednesday, April 25 at 6:15 p.m. on the northbound #2 train.
According to police, the suspect approached the 20-year-old woman and sexually abused her on the train.
The victim yelled at the suspect, and he denied doing anything, police said.
Both of them got off the train at 96th Street, where the victim says the suspect sexually assaulted her again.
She took a picture of the suspect before he left the station.
He is described as a 45-50 year old man, 5'7"-5'9" tall, and weighing 200 pounds.
Anyone with information in regards to this sexual abuse is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS. Youc can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, crime, subway, subway crime, sex crime, sexual assault, new york news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Numbers for Mega Millions $636 million jackpot drawn
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway 19 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos