New York News
Air travelers rate LaGuardia as worst airport
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Air travelers are weighing in on the best and worst airports in the United States, and the results do not look good for the New York area.
Flyers tell "Travel and Leisure" magazine that LaGuardia is the worst airport in the nation.
They are critical of its layout, lines, baggage system and security delays.
John F. Kennedy International Airport and Newark Liberty didn't fare much better in the review.
The magazine says the country's best airport is Minneapolis-St. Paul International in Minnesota.
"Travel and Leisure" readers gave it top honors for easy check-in, security and shopping and dining options.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, laguardia airport, new york news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen