New York News
Company bringing wi-fi to New York City subways
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is good news for straphangers, as it looks like wi-fi service is finally on track for the city's subway system.
Boingo has announced that it will provide wireless internet service to the 1.6 million people who ride the subway each day.
It will take about five years for the project to be completed.
Boingo will partner with Transit Wireless, which is providing the underground service.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, subway, new york news
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 25 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Man dies in scuffle with police outside Bronx bodega 12 min ago
- Woman thrown from motorcycle, hit by cab 5 min ago
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years 25 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos