New York News
Social network site for dogs
NEW YORK (WABC) -- They are stress relievers, care givers, and offer unconditional love. No wonder dogs have earned the title of man's best friend.
So it had to happen that eventually they would get their own social network.
It's a classic New York story.
A dog named Bandit's owner used the startup site WWW.MATCHPUPPY.COM, to find puppy playdates, an indication that perhaps social networking, has gone to the dogs.
Site founder Michael Chiang says the original business plan was to help with puppy love connecting owners looking to breed their pets. But eventually the team decided "just friends", was ok too.
"We realized there was a bigger need in the market to help dog owners kind of facilitate playdates online," he said.
Matches are made by neighborhood, breed and age, although some pet owners have the same human concerns about online matchmaking.
So far the site is limited to New York, but Chiang says other cities are being eyed as the next dog-meet-dog worlds.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Large tornado touches down near Oklahoma City 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Muggy
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma 36 min ago
- Where is Charles Butler? 23 min ago
- Elderly man falls in Hudson off of Pier 84 16 min ago
- Investigation follows police shooting of student 19 min ago
- Metro North riders forced to find other means
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting 40 min ago
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos