New York News
Police search for suspect in Chelsea robberies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Store owners in Chelsea are on the alert after a string of robberies in the area.
Police say one man is responsible for at least four robberies since February.
The most recent was Tuesday at the Alaska Food Market.
A masked gunman charged in and demanded cash.
Everyone hit the floor, until one got the money from a box and the cash register and the gunman left.
At the Chelsea Grocery, the robber had been in the store a few days before without his mask.
"The guy came in a couple of days before this incident and he tried to rob something, tried to steal a candy bar or a piece of cake, said Sam Mozeb of Chelsea Grocery.
"And my cousin grabbed it from him and said get out of here."
The next time, he was armed.
"He comes in a couple of nights later with a ski mask and says 'Give me all your money,' said Mozeb.
The gunman is described as a male 20-30 years old, 5'6" tall, 160-170 pounds.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, chelsea, robbery, new york news, jim dolan
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 32 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway 32 min ago
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos