New York News
Armed robbers captured in Central Park
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Fast action by police in Central Park helped catch a trio of armed robbers.
Investigators confiscated a .38 caliber handgun from one of the suspects.
They were caught within five minutes of a report from a couple who say the men pointed the weapon at them while they were robbed of their cell phones and wallets.
It happened near the Central Park reservoir just before 10 p.m. Saturday.
Officers radioed a description of the robbers, who were apprehended by two undercover officers.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, central park, manhattan, robbery, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 13 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 15 min ago
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow 8 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice 14 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips 22 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims 1 min ago
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
15 min ago
- Winter Weather Advisory
45 min ago