New York News
Subway map designer apologizes for mistakes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- After three decades, a designer is apologizing for mistakes on the New York City subway map.
John Tauranac, 72, says he was on the committee that redesigned the maps in 1979.
Tauranac says in some areas the streets are not precise, including West End Avenue, which the map shows as three blocks longer than it actually is.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, subway, new york news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting 58 min ago
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos