New York News
Couple arrested, accused of letting teens drink
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Nice people and nice parents according to their friends in Breezy Point, a private community where outsiders are viewed as tresspassers.
Private security usually handles the patrols but cops say that was not the case late Saturday night on beach 220th street when an officer from the 100th precinct noticed a party out-of-control.
The parents who live there, Anthony and Claire Reyes are now accused of permitting alcohol at their party, which more than 40 teenagers attended and according to the city's fire department 3 of them, 2 boys and a girl were taken to the hospital.
It is a case that renews an ongoing debate, is it ever ok for parents to let kids consume alcohol under their watch?
"There's a lotta worse things going on," said Pat Mitchell.
The Reyes' have a son at Poly Prep Country Day School in Brooklyn where seniors had their final day of classes last Friday.
The school issuing a statement this week saying they certainly don't condone any consumption of alcohol and that "This event was not a Poly sponsored or planned event. If true, the reports we have heard about this event are deeply to be regretted"
The parents are set to appear on a bench warrant.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, underage drinking, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 46 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa 8 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment 39 min ago
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California 57 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos