New York News
Empire State Building getting LED makeover
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It might not be the tallest building in New York City anymore, but the Empire State Building will still have a world-class light show.
The old lights atop the tower reportedly are going to be replaced with 1,200 high-efficiency LED lights.
The switch will cost $6 million, but the energy savings will pay for the new lights in just six years.
The new lights should last six times longer.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, empire state building, new york news
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'