New York News
Empire State Building getting LED makeover
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It might not be the tallest building in New York City anymore, but the Empire State Building will still have a world-class light show.
The old lights atop the tower reportedly are going to be replaced with 1,200 high-efficiency LED lights.
The switch will cost $6 million, but the energy savings will pay for the new lights in just six years.
The new lights should last six times longer.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, empire state building, new york news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos