New York News
Empire State Building getting LED makeover
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It might not be the tallest building in New York City anymore, but the Empire State Building will still have a world-class light show.
The old lights atop the tower reportedly are going to be replaced with 1,200 high-efficiency LED lights.
The switch will cost $6 million, but the energy savings will pay for the new lights in just six years.
The new lights should last six times longer.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, empire state building, new york news
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Belmar reopens boardwalk destroyed by Sandy 38 min ago
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma