New York News
Legendary Barbra Streisand to play Barclays Center
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Brooklyn-born diva Barbra Streisand is set to perform this fall at the new Barclays Center.
The date has not yet been set, but the concert was listed for a time on the Ticketmaster website as an upcoming event.
It will be Streisand's first performance in Brooklyn since she sang in the Erasmus Hall High School chorus with Neil Diamond in the 1950s.
The Barclays Center, home of the new Brooklyn Nets, will open on September 28 with a series of Jay-Z shows.
Streisand, a 70-year-old eight-time Grammy winner, grew up in Williamsburg and Flatbush. She last played in New York at the small Village Vaguard venue three years ago, and she previously played Madison Square Garden in 2006.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado...
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos