New York News
Legendary Barbra Streisand to play Barclays Center
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Brooklyn-born diva Barbra Streisand is set to perform this fall at the new Barclays Center.
The date has not yet been set, but the concert was listed for a time on the Ticketmaster website as an upcoming event.
It will be Streisand's first performance in Brooklyn since she sang in the Erasmus Hall High School chorus with Neil Diamond in the 1950s.
The Barclays Center, home of the new Brooklyn Nets, will open on September 28 with a series of Jay-Z shows.
Streisand, a 70-year-old eight-time Grammy winner, grew up in Williamsburg and Flatbush. She last played in New York at the small Village Vaguard venue three years ago, and she previously played Madison Square Garden in 2006.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, new york news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos