New York News
Legendary Barbra Streisand to play Barclays Center
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Brooklyn-born diva Barbra Streisand is set to perform this fall at the new Barclays Center.
The date has not yet been set, but the concert was listed for a time on the Ticketmaster website as an upcoming event.
It will be Streisand's first performance in Brooklyn since she sang in the Erasmus Hall High School chorus with Neil Diamond in the 1950s.
The Barclays Center, home of the new Brooklyn Nets, will open on September 28 with a series of Jay-Z shows.
Streisand, a 70-year-old eight-time Grammy winner, grew up in Williamsburg and Flatbush. She last played in New York at the small Village Vaguard venue three years ago, and she previously played Madison Square Garden in 2006.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, new york news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos