New York News
Legendary Barbra Streisand to play Barclays Center
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Brooklyn-born diva Barbra Streisand is set to perform this fall at the new Barclays Center.
The date has not yet been set, but the concert was listed for a time on the Ticketmaster website as an upcoming event.
It will be Streisand's first performance in Brooklyn since she sang in the Erasmus Hall High School chorus with Neil Diamond in the 1950s.
The Barclays Center, home of the new Brooklyn Nets, will open on September 28 with a series of Jay-Z shows.
Streisand, a 70-year-old eight-time Grammy winner, grew up in Williamsburg and Flatbush. She last played in New York at the small Village Vaguard venue three years ago, and she previously played Madison Square Garden in 2006.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, new york news
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead 4 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
4 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
15 min ago